The Vintage Cookie

Sunday, June 24, 2012

One Month of Earrings - Green Howlite Skulls

Today is the one month anniversary of starting the Earring Project, and these earrings officially celebrate my 31st pair of earrings posted to this blog. Let's see if I can keep it going for another eleven months!


Gordon, that's the six year old boy, picked these beads out for me yesterday at Athenian Fashions. This is a big bead and jewelry findings store on the 800 block of Maple St in downtown Los Angeles. This is the trim and jewelry block. At Athenian, prices are good, but not great; however the selection is fantastic. If you are looking for a clasp, headpin, wire, chain, or other finding they probably have it. I was looking for gun metal finished copper wire, which they had, in 20, 22, and 24 gauge. After I had paid for my purchases (wire and headpins), Gordon spotted these skull beads in a rainbow of colors. Green was his choice, but it was the best color, so I agreed and we bought a string - 34 little skulls for $3.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment