The Vintage Cookie

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Year of Earrings Challenge

Earrings, earrings, earrings...

I have given myself a challenge -- I will try to post a new earring design every day for the next year. If you make earrings, or just love'em, follow this blog for a daily earring design.

A few of the favorite designs will be sold at Eclectic Nature, 1503 Mt Vernon Avenue in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, VA - so if you see a design you like, let me know. Or if you like to make your own, I can identify the sources of the beads and findings.

My first pair -- Victorian Garden. I bought the rock crystal beads some time ago from Fire Mountain Gems. They remind me of the crystal globes popular in Victorian gardens. I found the little butterfly charms last week in New York City at BeadMax Corp, 1030 6th Avenue, 10018. 212-938-1268 (www.beadmaxonline.com). The pressed glass bead caps, brass wire, and brass ear wires are also from Fire Mountain Gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment