The Vintage Cookie

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Painting...

I will be spending most of this week painting my space for The Vintage Cookie at Eclectic Nature. I'll be blogging more about the design of the space, with pictures, but for now I wanted to recommend the best book I know on how to actually paint a room, Painting Secrets from Brian Santos, The Wall Wizard. Usually I stay away from books labeled "XYZ Secrets," suspecting that I will get a bunch of disconnected tips. But this book is complete, covering all you need to know to produce a paint job better than most professionals can produce. It is my room painting bible. The instructions are detailed, thorough, and easy to follow. The advice covers not just how to paint a perfect room, but how to clean up and prep a room with problems. The book also covers equipment, planning, and clean-up. I have found the detailed description of clean-up to be especially useful. If you are planning to paint a room, buy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment